The home crowd of over seventy thousand people poured into "The Ralph" desperate to see there team get back on a winning track. Eager and hungry for victory, led by soon to be fired head coach Dick Jauron, the team came out playing tough defensively. Going into the fourth quarter everyone in Western New York was feeling the crisp air travel up their backs causing a nervous stench to be breathed in by the fan base.
Going into the final two minutes the Buffalo defense held strong and the offense was prepped to go win the ball game. Close your eyes for a moment and picture the scenario. You could almost taste comeback like turkey on Thanksgiving. The punt. The catch. The drop. Roscoe "butterfingers" Parrish muffed the punt and the frail Browns happened to be in the right spot and the right time to recover the fumble. Still some hope glimmered in the eyes of the fans. Somehow, someway maybe a break would still happen in favor of the bills after Cleveland kicked the field goal. Twenty two second left in the game for the Bills to score. The kick goes out of bounds and Buffalo catches the biggest break they could have caught. Did they do anything with it? Of course not folks this is the same team that has missed the playoffs every year since I was nine. This is also the same team that has not won a playoff game since I was four. It is border line pathetic and nothing short of disappointing on so many levels. I feel like week after week my heart gets ripped out by this team and there is nothing I can do about it.
I know your pain about the Bills. I am not a Bills fan, I don’t really like football, but I am a New York Mets fans so I know your pain. You spend time watching the games, spending money on tickets for games and fan gear. Then they just let you down by losing and choking when they are so close to a play spot. I feel your pain.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how many times I've heard so many people say just that. The Bills have let down their fans time after time - it has almost become predictable. If I were a Bills fan I wouldn't ever let myself become emotionally attached to the team. It would hurt too much after a while.
ReplyDelete