Sunday, October 25, 2009

Life is a Business

People are constantly looking to scheme their way into winning money. Life is a business and greed drives our emotions. Who doesn't want to have more money than they already have? The only downfall is our economy and way of life requires slackers and poverty-struck people to exist in large numbers. To what extent I wonder would people go to get rich?
There are two classes of people in the world. Those who can make money and become successful and those who go through life feasting off of others success. Trickery and manipulation become a large part of the business known as life. In order to make money someone else has to be losing money. So, how do you as a businessman create situations that are favorable for you to have a serious cash flow? I have found that talking and false bravado are two major qualities needed to sell your product. Lets say my product is apple flavored chap stick. In order for me to sell the apple flavored chap stick I would have to be able to approach people and talk to them about my product. People want to hear good things about themselves involving the product. For example if I were to see a woman who I wanted to sell my chap stick to I'd want to make her feel like this product was made for her.
Also, advertisement is key in being a great money maker. The best and most effective products sold in our country most likely have been advertised heavily on television or billboards. Alcohol abuse is a debated topic in our society to this day. If we look to television commercials and took a survey I bet a large majority of people would say beer commercials are the funniest most of the time. This is not coincidental but rather smart on behalf of the men and women selling the beer. It is not a science but rather a lifelong learning experience when talking about making money.

3 comments:

  1. I disagree with the statement that "In order to make money someone else has to be losing money." If I make a product that fills a persons need, and they pay a fair price for the product, nobody is losing. Exploitation is where you make money and someone loses money, or wealth of any kind for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Advertising itself is really interesting. It's all about making us think we need products. If we don't have the newest, best, or biggest thing we are missing out. But really, we could be satisfied without all the products being shoved in our faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is all about buisness. I agree advertising seems to have been growing extremely and people are making buisness on literally just writing about their thoughts on stuff. I think now in society, people can make money out of anything to be honest. My father is kid of like that he tries to find any way to make money, very ambitious.

    ReplyDelete