Monday, November 30, 2009

Biggie Smalls

Everyone knows about the prominent rapper that went by the surname Biggie Smalls or The Notorious B.I.G. Biggie Smalls real name was Christopher Wallace and he was born in the streets of Brooklyn into poverty. He was born in the early seventies into a single mother home that could barely be called a home. While his mother worked three jobs to keep the money for rent and food coming, Biggie started thinking about other ways to make money. His businessman attitude and his lazy, make money quick mentality got him caught up in selling drugs. At the age of thirteen Wallace was slinging crack to anyone and everyone on the streets of Brooklyn. He went to jail and when he got out his music abilities shot through the roof. 
At one point Biggie almost went back to jail but his friend covered for him and took two years of heat in jail. During this time Wallace's ratings went off the wall. His records were selling at unbelievable rates and everyone wanted to book him for concerts. By nineteen Chris Wallace was one of the richest men running around New York. 
Biggie eventually had a falling out with West Coast icon Tupac Shakur and since that moment his life changed drastically. His relationship with his wife went to the sewer and his ratings began to drop. Unfortunately Biggie thought he could go to the West Coast and be completely safe. This was not the case. On his last night in California Chris Wallace was shot several times and did not even live to see the hospital doors open. Some people speculate and say it was Shakur who had him killed but no one will ever know the truth to his death. 

5 comments:

  1. Biggie and pac, two guys who put out probably the best hip hip ever. I don't think there has been anybody as good as them, and I doubt there ever will be. They actually lived the thug life, not just rapped about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im still havent had the chance to see Notorious. i heard from a lot of people it was a good movie. but yea they definitly were some of the realest rappers of all time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree biggie and pac was def. the greatest rappers out there. I wish I couldve seened the movie but I still havent unfortuantely. Soon enough though I'll try to get a copy or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. biggie was by farone of the best rappers to ever live. i say the same thing about tupac too. both of them were so talented, and i still believe that tupac is alive. but biggie def deserved all of the success that he had. he made his way up from the projects in the bk to being instantly famous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitly go see the movie. Even knowing the story about his life, it was amazing. The actor who played Biggie looked just like him. The movie tells the story of his entire life just as you described. It is a must see!

    ReplyDelete