The rivalry that lives between the two cities of Cortland and Ithaca is the biggest Division three rivalry in the country. This may be an exaggeration but none the less Cortland and Ithaca students act that way around this time of year. Even though this year the game is in Ithaca, that will not take away from the lively festivities that take place throughout the town. Students show their pride by wearing anything with the beloved "C" on it.
I personally have not bought a ticket to the game but many students I know have bought their five dollar ticket and will be on their way to Ithaca for the game early Saturday morning. I heard a group of students express that they were going to be grilling and tailgating up in Ithaca from Friday night until the game. This seems crazy but exceptionally fun to me. My first Cortaca game was in Cortland and I sold my ticket and I am starting to debate whether maybe I should head to Ithaca this year.
Four of my friends from home are coming up this weekend and two of which go to SUNY Geneseo. I was told that there are murmurs around campus about how fun Cortaca is and several students from that school are coming up. This school has a crazy night life as it is let alone all of the other students from other schools who are coming to enjoy the weekend here. I can only imagine how much fun this weekend will be reminiscing with old friends and enjoying watching Cortland beat up on Ithaca in the game.
It is getting pretty overwhelming as the weekend approaches. I was in line to get my ticket as soon as they went on sale, and I know a lot of people coming. The only thing is that my friend down the hall might need me to sign one of our friends in for the weekend, someone I don't exactly get along with so we'll see how that goes. Oh, and these people aren't coming for the game, it's for the partying. They aren't even going to the game. I might end up selling my ticket llike you did only because the game isn't here and I'm not sure if I want to go all that way if my friends won't be there.
ReplyDeleteIts going to be one crazy weekend!!! like you i have friends coming up too. Thats all we've been talking about for the past two weeks i cant believe its this week YAY!!! I went to last years game and had a blast even though it was cold and rainy it still was fun. after the game was even funner. My friends and I are just going to stay in town and watch the game at the bar and hang out with our friends there. I rather be safe about it. Lets hope they win. (knock on wood)
ReplyDeletethis weekend is going to be nuts! a few people from my home town have gone to and graduated from C State already, and they brought the word of Cortaca. everyone in my town knows of it, and i have a few friends coming up as well. i cant wait for the weekend. it should be a great time.
ReplyDeleteThis is my first Cortaca, so it's definitely going to be an experience for me. My friends and I all purchased tickets, but based on what I hear we might be some of the only ones going up there. But maybe not, it seems like you know a lot of people going. Hopefully it turns out well, it should be lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteThis is my second year here at Cortland but I only celebrated for one year of cortaca. Last year I actually attended the game but for only the first half because it was cold, rainy, and we were losing big time. After the game though I did attend some of the normal activities of Cortaca weekend but nothing too major. I am not a big partier of drinker. I just thing Cortaca weekend is just a little hyped up too much for me. Over the years Cortland has been getting their but kicked by Ithaca so its nothing new. I don't really care about football that much nor do I party anymore. So for this year I didn't go to cortaca at all. I actually worked an 8hr shift in Tomik gym. I had nothing else better to do other than homework and it was so dead there that I was actually capable of doing that. For the eight hours there, not even 100 people showed up. It was sad. My roommate did however go out on cortaca night for a little bit. He said he had to leave down town at 1 in the morning because things were just getting out of control. I can believe him because he wasnt the only one telling me that day that a lot of stuff was going down and there were tons people just drinking and doing stupid stuff. Cortaca is just another weekend for people to get even more wasted than usual.
ReplyDeleteThat weekend was probably one of my best weekends at cortland. I was able to meet and see how much people actually take the game so serious. it was my first time actually experiencing a full on game besides like watching the Yankees play. People were nuts when they found out we lost but it didnt stop them from partying. I actually thought they partied harder than if we actually would've won.
ReplyDelete