There was a minor problem in my thought process. I did not take into account that I would have to sit down and work at this metaphorical puzzle. Everything in high school came to me so easily and when I came to college, my lazy study habits and lack-luster attitude led to falling behind and grades dropping. The college life showed me that maybe my plan of sliding through life was not going to cut it. I told myself that something in sports would be my profession after college.
Since I entered college I have changed my mind and my major at least three times. Something that when I was younger was "unacceptable" in my eyes. I believe finding what your good at is much easier in the college environment rather than in a suppressed high school with many stereotypes and hypocritical people. Your dreams mesh with what skills your good at to find several professions that could fit your lifestyle. In my case, teaching might be a profession I would look into. It is not only exciting, but each day is different and the interactions made with kids seems to fit the mold of what I am looking to do with my future.
I personally have changed my major about 4 times and I still have no idea what I want to do. When I was younger I knew exactly what I wanted to do and wanted to do it from the time I was 5 till my freshman year of college. Now I have no idea what I want to do and I change my mind every day. I think this is a huge problem for me because I am a junior and do not know what I want to do with my life. I think it is a lot of pressure to decide when you are 18, 19, and 20 what you want to do with the rest of your life.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first starting thinking about college i had no idea what i wanted to be. I thought physical education would be good because i was always good at sports and I enjoyed them. I didnt want to go to school for the rest of my life though so it was hard for me to make a decision. I came to Cortland as a phys. ed. major just so i was going for something. Now that i am here at Cortland I love the phys. ed program, I have so much fun playing games and learning new wons, ecspecially in adventure activities.
ReplyDeleteChoosing a major is definitely a huge decision in terms of your career and life. You've probably already gone to career services, but I've heard they are very helpful in assisting the decision making process.
ReplyDeleteChanging your major and even having one is probably the most important choice I think anyone will ever make for the rest of their lives. I mean seriously, you just come out of highschool and all your thinking is about hook-ups and partying and you have to make this life changing decision. At the moment my major is health:allied sciences because I want to do nursing ,I'm hoping im taking the right path since I always wanted to work in the medical field.
ReplyDelete